TEEG’s Food Security program empowers families and individuals to stretch their monthly budget by giving them healthy food to supplement their home pantries. Additionally, we offer nutrition and health education information with every distribution, enabling us to feed both the bodies and the minds of those accessing our services. Our food pantry includes both a refrigeration cooler and a walk-in freezer which allows us to accept donations of fresh produce and frozen items.
- Monthly Commodity Distribution – TEEG believes food security is a basic right. Our monthly distribution program helps families stretch limited dollars to pay monthly bills and purchase perishable food while relying on TEEG for staple food items.
- Weekend Food Distribution — TEEG partners with local community organizations in Pomfret, Thompson, and Woodstock to ensure that families facing food insecurity have enough to eat when children are home on the weekends.
- Emergent Food Distribution – TEEG ensures adequate nutritional resources for every member of our community. Our food pantry is available to help any community member in an emergency.
- Mobile Food Distribution – TEEG is staffing and supporting the CT Food Bank Mobile Food Pantry at the St. Mary’s School Parking lot on 23 Marshall St. Putnam on the 4th Tuesday of each month from 10:00 am-12: 00 pm. This helps provide more individuals with access to fresh/perishable foods beyond what the local food pantries are able to offer.
To see the times and location of the Mobile Food Pantry please click here
Food Distribution Schedule and Hours at the TEEG building, 15 Thatcher Road, North Grosvenordale, CT.
- Mondays: 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Tuesdays: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
- Wednesdays: 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- Fridays: 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
If you would like to schedule your monthly food appointment or have any additional questions regarding our food security program, please call the office at 860-923-3458