TEEG’s Food Security program empowers families and individuals to stretch their monthly budget by giving them healthy food to supplement their home pantries. Additionally, we offer nutrition and health education information with every distribution, enabling us to feed both the bodies and the minds of those accessing our services. Our food pantry includes both a refrigeration cooler and a walk-in freezer which allows us to accept donations of fresh produce and frozen items.
- Monthly Commodity Distribution – TEEG believes food security is a basic right. Our monthly distribution program helps families stretch limited dollars to pay monthly bills and purchase perishable food while relying on TEEG for staple food items.
- Weekend Food Distribution — TEEG partners with local community organizations in Pomfret, Thompson, and Woodstock to ensure that families facing food insecurity have enough to eat when children are home on the weekends.
- Emergent Food Distribution – TEEG ensures adequate nutritional resources for every member of our community. Our food pantry is available to help any community member in an emergency.
Current Food Distribution Schedule– August 2020– Due to Covid-19 and general health and wellness procedures, TEEG is currently offering curbside distribution. To schedule your monthly distribution appointment please contact the office at 860-923-3458. Distribution days are 8/1, 8/7, 8/12, 8/17, 8/21, 8/26, 8/31
TEEG will have a mobile pantry set up in Pomfret at the Town Hall on Wednesday August 5th from 10:00-12:00, and at the Woodstock Town Hall on Wednesday August 5th from 1:00-3:00.
Food Distribution Schedule and Hours at the TEEG building, 15 Thatcher Road, North Grosvenordale, CT.
- Mondays: 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Tuesdays: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
- Wednesdays: 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- Fridays: 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
If you would like to schedule your monthly food appointment or have any additional questions regarding our food security program, please call the office at 860-923-3458