For more information...
Diane Farquharson, Early Childhood Coordinator
Chelsea Valade, Early Childhood Assistant
View, Download, Donate
More about TEEG
View or Download
TEEG Annual Report
Building a stronger community.
Make a Donation to TEEG
Safely make a donation to TEEG using your PayPal account.
Parent / Child Playgroup
A Happy Home
Playgroups are held twice weekly for parents with children age birth to five. They are an education based social opportunity for families in the community. Playgroup is facilitated by a parent educator and is a place for parents to let their children socialize with peers, for adults to make new friends, and for all who participate to enrich their family lives.
Through Parent/Child Playgroup, developmental skills such as social/emotional, motor, cognitive and visual/spatial are enhanced through a variety of activities and environments. Parents are encouraged to engage their children in activities that promote early literacy skills as well as sensory integration and gross motor development. Parent/Child Playgroups provide both parents and children with a support network of peers, which enables them to grow and develop in all of the skills previously mentioned.
Playgroup is open to:
- Families with children age birth to five
- Families living in the six town area of Putnam, Thompson, Pomfret, Woodstock, Brooklyn, and Killingly
Dates, times and place:
- Early Childhood and Community Events
- Tuesdays and Fridays 10:00-11:30 am
- Playgroup is held year round at the Mary R. Fischer Elementary School Early Learning Center
- Parent/Child Playgroups are held in the elementary school to help parents and children develop positive relationships with members of the school community. It also helps to familiarize families with school policies and procedures as well as expectations, and to provide an easy transition for the children when it comes to moving on to Kindergarten.
- Parents Empowered (Parent Education)
Playgroup offers access to:
- WIC (every 3rd Friday, held in the TEEG building)
- Across the Smiles Dental Van (every six months at the TEEG site) to focus on oral hygiene care
- University of Connecticut Cooperative Extension Expanded Food and Nutritional Education Program (EFNEP) to provide information on nutritional awareness
- Parents As Teachers (PAT) to provide you with the most current and up to date information about your child at their specific developmental stage
- Early Childhood Coordinator Diane Farquharson at (860) 923-3458
- Early Childhood Assistant Chelsea Valade (860) 923-3458